Chicken Farcha Recipe is one of Parsi’s recipes that are very delightful to have as a starter or with onion raitha. This Chicken Farcha can be served during any occasions or you can also serve it during lunchtime with any type of veg or non – veg lunch varieties. They are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. They get a crispy outer layer since the meats are dipped in the bread crumb and the egg mixture.
Moreover, it is said that Parsis come from Persia, the Middle Eastern country and hence the Chicken Farcha Recipe is said to be the Middle Eastern Dish. Be it a Middle Eastern dish or Indian or from anywhere else around the world, it tastes delicious and yummy while we are serving with dal even.
To make chicken farcha Recipe, you don’t need many spice powders like other fry recipes. It contains minimal spices along with egg mixture and bread crumbs. I used homemade bread crumbs since I don’t have store-bought bread crumbs. Making Bread Crumbs is not a big deal. Just take 3 to 4 bread slices and grind them in the mixer jar without adding water to them.
Check out my other Chicken Recipes here.
- Preparation Time : 5 mins
- Marination Time : Min 30 mins; Max 6 to 8 hours
- Cooking Time : 30 mins
- Servings : 3 to 4 Persons
- Course : Side Dish – Chicken Recipes
- Cuisine : Middle Eastern
Ingredients for making Chicken Farcha Recipe
- 12 to 15 firm tender Chicken Pieces
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp Garam Masala and Pepper Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Normal Red Chilli Powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder & Ginger garlic paste
- Salt to Taste
- Coconut Oil for Frying
Steps for making Chicken Farcha Recipe
As a first step, marinate the chicken pieces. Place the chicken pieces in a mixing bowl and add the spice powders to them. Add ginger-garlic paste and season it with the required amount of salt as well.
Gently mix the spice powders with the chicken pieces. Make sure that the pieces are coated well with the spices. Then let it rest for a minimum of 30 mins. You can also do this method before night. Overnight marination gives an amazing taste. The more you marinate, the more the taste you get.
Once the Chicken is marinated well, crack open the eggs and whisk them well. Then add 1 tsp of pepper powder to the egg mixture and whisk it again. You can add chilli powder as well if you want. Since you have added pepper powder in the marination, do not add more spice powder to the egg mixture.
Then take the marinated chicken one by one and dip it in the bread crumbs. Make sure the bread crumbs are coated well with the chicken.
Then take the bread crumb coated chicken piece and dip it in the egg mixture. If you want, you can a pinch of salt to the egg mixture as well.
Repeat this process for all marinated chicken and keep them aside.
Then heat oil in the deep frying pan. Add enough oil for deep or shallow frying. I have done a shallow fry but you can try this with deep-frying as well.
Add the coated chicken pieces in the oil gently. Put as much as possible but do not overcrowd them. Fry them on the medium flame.
Fry them on the medium flame so the chicken pieces will get fried equally on both sides. Once the bottom side turned golden brown, gently flip them to the other side. Let them fry for few mins until they turn golden brown.
Once they fried well, transfer them to the kitchen tissue to get rid of excess oil. If no oil has absorbed in the chicken, then keep them aside and fry all other pieces as well.
Mouthwatering Chicken Farcha is ready to serve hot.
- Do not overheat the oil and if you overheat, the chicken pieces will become crispy on the outer but the inner side will be hard.
- Keep the flame on medium flame throughout the fry. So that the chicken farcha will be crispy.
- Make sure you stir in the middle of the fry so that they will not get burnt.
- I did shallow fry since I don’t want to use more oil on this. If you wish like adding more oil, you can go ahead with deep frying.
- Do not keep this chicken farcha for the next day since we have added egg mixture to it.