Egg Chapati is a similar dish to egg dosa and egg appams. It is a meal by itself and a perfect lunch box recipe you can come up with. It is a simple recipe that can be made in less time. You can have this recipe for your breakfast, lunch and dinner as well. When it comes to lunch, you can add a bowl full of salads of your desired veggies and serve with it.
Also, this suits well for dieting people as it will full our tummy and a healthy too. Since it contains egg as the main ingredient, it is recommendable to feed our children as well. You can serve this hot egg chapati with your desired side dishes such as Aloo Sabji, Shredded Chicken or Raita.
Check out my other Egg Recipes and Side Dish Recipes here.
- Egg Kheema
- Egg Chapati
- Aloo Sabji
- Brinjal Curry
- Chicken Kheema
- Kheema Recipes
- Shredded Chicken
- Thoran Recipes
- Muttai Thokku | Egg Thokku
- Preparation time : 5 mins
- Cooking time : 5 mins
- Makes : 2 egg chapatis
- Course : Main Dish
- Cuisine : Indian
Ingredients for making Egg Chapati
- 2 chapatis
- 4 Eggs
- 3 to 4 shallots (small onions)
- Few curry leaves
- 1 green chilli (optional)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli
- 1 tbsp Black pepper powder
- A pinch asafoetida (Hing)
- Ghee for frying
- Salt to taste
Steps for making Egg Chapati
- First, crack open the eggs in a mixing bowl and chopped shallots to it.
- Then add few chopped curry leaves and salt to it.
- Then add all the masalas one by one along with a pinch of asafetida and mix them all.
- Place the tawa and grease with some ghee. Put one chapati over the tawa and let the bottom side of the chapati get fried well so that we will not get a raw taste of the chapati.
- Once the bottom of the chapati fried well, flip the chapati and pour the egg mixture over the chapati and make it even.
- Then close and cook the pan for 2 mins. So that the egg mixture over the chapati becomes thick.
- Then, slowly flip the chapati to the other side. Since you have closed and cooked, the egg mixture will be thick and it’s easy to flip the chapati upside down.
- After flipping the chapati, pour the egg required mixture over the chapati again and spread it evenly. Close the pan and cook for 2 mins. Repeat the same process for another chapati.
- Egg Chapati is ready to serve hot. Serve it with your desired side dishes.
- When you close and cook the egg mixture, the egg mixture will become thick so that it will not spill while flipping upside down.
- You can add few chopped coriander leaves if needed.
If you are willing to read my other main recipes, click Here and for side dish recipes, click Here
Pingback: Muttai Thokku | How to make Egg Thokku Recipe - Harini's Kitchen