Garlic Cheese Toast is a healthy snack recipe that fills our tummies deliciously. It is a quick-made snack served with hot chai or can be taken as breakfast when you have no time. It requires significantly fewer ingredients but tastes delicious. This toast makes an amazing quick snacks box recipe for the kids as well.
To make cheese toast, I have used whole wheat bread and store-bought cheese slices, but you can use any available bread loaf with cheese slices or grated cheese.
To add a flavour, I used grated garlic pods and skipped adding any other spices or herbs. If you like, you can add chilli flakes, oregano or any other add-ons like fresh herbs or dried herbs of your choice.
Though I used unsalted butter, I haven’t added any salt to this recipe but you can prefer either salted or unsalted butter. If you are using salted butter, then adjust the quantity of the butter since it will taste salty.
So try this yummy toast recipe and let me know how it turned out for you.
You may like my other Snack Recipes. Do check out the recipes.
Garlic Cheese Toast
- Any type of Pan
- Wheat Bread
- 4 Garlic pods
- Softened butter
- 2 Cheese slices/grated cheese
- Grate the garlic pods and keep them aside.
- Mix the grated garlic pods and softened butter.
- Smear the mixed garlic butter into one side of the slices of bread.
- Heat the pan and keep the bread on the pan. Let the buttered side face the bottom of the pan. Let the flame on low mode.
- Place the cheese slice over the bread.
- Then place the other bread over the cheese.
- Close the pan and cook for 2 to 3 mins on medium flame.
- Once the bottom bread is toasted, flip the bread and toast it for 2 mins.
- Serve hot.
- Maintain the flame on low to medium so that the bread will not get burnt.
- Adding grated cheese also tastes yummy.
- I haven’t added any salt, but you can add a pinch of salt if needed.
- Add-ons can be your choice. So if you like, you can add chilli flakes, fresh herbs or dried herbs.
PICTURE REPRESENTATION FOR MAKING GARLIC CHEESE TOAST
Grate the garlic pods and arrange all the ingredients. Keep them aside.
Mix the grated garlic pods and softened butter.
Smear the mixed garlic butter into one side of the slices of bread.
Heat the pan and keep the bread on the pan. Let the buttered side face the bottom of the pan. Maintain the flame on low mode.
Place the cheese slice over the bread.
Then place the other bread over the cheese.
Close the pan and cook for 2 to 3 mins on medium flame.
Once the bottom bread is toasted into golden brown, flip the bread and toast it for 2 mins.
Garlic Cheese Toast is ready to serve hot.