Hey all! Today I have come up with a new recipe using leftover Rotis that I made for my breakfast. I and my husband are huge fans of rotis so that I don’t want to waste or throw the leftovers of Rotis. This shredded Roti is the easiest recipe that you can make within 20 minutes and serve your family. When we make new dishes with the leftover that will be interesting to cook and see the outcome. This is an apt lunch box recipe for our children and I promise they love having this as their food.
Since Rotis are rich in carbohydrates and fibre, it makes our tummy full but not heavy. So we can have it as our dinner as well. I have made these shredded rotis for our dinner, but differently, we will feel like having something new dish as our dinner.
Check out my other Leftover Recipes as well.
To read my other main course recipes, click Here
- Preparation Time : 5-7 mins
- Cooking Time : 15 mins
- Total : 20-25 mins
- Servings : 2 persons
- Course : Main Course
- Cuisine : Indian
Ingredients for leftover Rotis Recipe | Shredded Roti
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 medium sized onions finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp biriyani masala (Optional)
- 1 tbsp gingergarlic paste
- Salt to taste
Steps for making Shredded Roti
- At first, take the leftover rotis and cut them into small pieces and keep them aside. I have taken 5 rotis for this dish.
- Then heat the oil in the pan and add the chopped onions. Saute the onions until it becomes transparent. While sauteing, turn the stove to a medium flame so that the onions will not get burnt.
- Turn the stove to a low medium flame and add the chopped tomatoes. Saute them well until it turns mushy. You can even add some salt so that the onions and tomatoes will get cooked soon.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and saute it until the raw smell of the paste goes off. While adding ginger garlic paste keep your flame to medium so that the paste does not splutter over you. Adding ginger garlic paste gives a nice flavour to the dish.
- Next, add masalas. At this stage, season it with the required amount of salt and saute them until the oil leaves the pan.
- Once the oil leaves the pan, add shredded rotis to the pan and mix it will. You can also add one tablespoon of ghee if needed. Adding ghee will give a nice aroma to the dish. After mixing, it will look like this.
- Once mixing is done, check for salt and add some if needed. Hot and delicious shredded roti using leftover roti is ready to serve.
- Adding salt while sauteing onions and tomatoes will help to cook these both quicker.
- Do not saute the gravy in high flame since it will get burnt.
- Adding ghee should be minimal so that the ghee flavour will not dominate.
- I have added homemade biriyani masala. If you don’t have that masala, you can add chicken masala or mutton masala for a nice non-veg flavour.
Pingback: Leftover Chicken Recipe | Vermicelli Chicken Upma - Harini's Kitchen