Milkmaid sweet recipe is the easiest sweet dish that is made in less than 15 mins. This milkmaid sweet sooji Kesari can be served on any occasions or any festive times. This milkmaid sweet recipe contains a very minimal amount of ingredients such as Sooji, Milkmaid, ghee and few nuts. When you crave some sweets and have very few ingredients, you can check this sweet recipe.
I often prepare this milkmaid sooji Kesari sweet recipe since my husband is fond of Kesari. So today I tried this sweet recipe and the outcome is perfect. I have used almonds and raisins for this Kesari. But you can use any kind of nuts for garnishing. So try this milkmaid sweet recipe and let me know how it turns out for you.
Check out my other Sweet Recipes and Kesari Recipes here.
- Preparation Time : 5 mins
- Cooking Time : 10 mins
- Total : 15 mins
- Servings : 3 to 4 Persons
- Course : Sweet Recipe – Kesari Recipe
- Cuisine : Indian
Ingredients for making Milkmaid Sweet Recipe | Milkmaid Sooji Kesari
- 1/2 cup Milkmaid
- 1/2 cup Sooji
- Few Almonds and Raisins
- 3 to 4 tbsp Ghee
Steps for making Milkmaid Sweet recipe | Milkmaid Sooji Kesari
- Heat ghee in the pan and add almonds and raisins to it. Roast them until the raisins plump up and almonds slightly change their colour. Then keep them aside.
Next, add sooji to the pan. You can add a tbsp of ghee if needed. Roast the sooji until it turns aromatic.
Then add 1 1/2 cup of water to boil the sooji.
Close and cook the sooji on low medium flame.
Once the sooji is cooked well, add milkmaid to the sooji and start stirring them. You can adjust the milkmaid level according to your taste.o
Since milkmaid is added, Kesari starts to get thickens. So stir the Kesari continuously by adding a tbsp of ghee. It starts to leave the pan and turns bouncy once it is cooked.
Next, add roasted nuts and stir them.
Next, transfer it to the ghee greased plate and spread it evenly. By greasing ghee over the plate, the Kesari will not stick to the plate.
Once it came to the room temperature, cut the Sooji Kesari with the knife.
I have cut into square shape. You can make your desired shapes.
Tasty and delicious Milkmaid Sweet recipe aka Milkmaid Sooji Kesari is ready to be served.
- You can add Milkmaid according to your tastebuds. But do not add more since they are sweeter.
- If you feel like the Kesari is sticky, you can add ghee to adjust the stickiness.
- You can add any type of nuts for garnishing.
- I haven’t added any of the food colours, but you can add them if you wish like adding them.