The Mushroom Fry recipe is simple yet spicy and delicious and it goes amazing with hot plain rice and rasam. This recipe makes a hit combo with dal as well since it has pepper powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
Mushroom Fry recipe is an easy style of making a side dish when you have no time but wishes to eat anything spicy and yummy. It contains button-type mushrooms, onions and tomatoes along with a few spice powders to add taste to this recipe.
All the beginners can easily try this Mushroom fry recipe since it can be made in 20 mins. This also makes an amazing lunch box or snack box recipe for the kids since mushrooms are low-carb food.
I have added onions for the sweetness and tomatoes for a little tanginess flavour. I skipped adding green chillies to this recipe since it has pepper and coriander powder for the spiciness. If you love adding more heat to the recipe, you can add 2 to 3 chopped green chillies while sauteing onions.
I have used store-bought button-type mushrooms for this recipe. Before starting cooking, wash the mushrooms with plain running water by rubbing the mushrooms with your thumb. Do not over-wash the mushrooms since they will turn red.
Also, do not soak the mushrooms in water for a long time as they suck the water in them. The stems of the mushrooms are edible but do chop the stem end as they contain dirt. While cooking, cook them on low heat so that it will be easier for them to evaporate the water all by themselves. Overcooking the mushrooms will turn them soggy.
I have given clear steps to make this Mushroom fry recipe, so try this simple and yummy Mushroom Fry and let me know how it turns out for you.
You may also like my other Side Dish recipes and Fry Recipes.
Mushroom Fry Recipe
- Any type pan
- 1 bowl Button Mushrooms (Chopped)
- 2 Large Onions
- 1 Tomato
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Few coriander leaves
- Salt to Taste
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and saute them until they turn slight brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute them until the tomatoes become soft.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and give them a mix. Season it with the required amount of salt at this stage.
- Add all the spices. Saute them until the raw smell goes off.
- Add sliced mushrooms and mix them well. Eventually, Mushrooms will release water. So cook them on low heat and evaporate all the water present in them.
- Once the raw smell of the spices goes off, turn off the stove.
- Serve hot.
- I have made it a little spicy but you can adjust the spice level as per your taste buds.
- Wash the mushrooms well in the plain running water since it contains dirt.
- You can serve this mushroom fry with bread toast as well which makes an amazing snack for evening tea time.
PICTURE GUIDANCE FOR MUSHROOM FRY RECIPE
Wash the mushrooms and get ready with all the necessary ingredients.
Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and saute them until they turn slight brown.
Add chopped tomatoes. Saute them until the tomatoes become soft.
Add chopped coriander leaves. Give them a mix. Season it with the required amount of salt at this stage.
Add all the spices. Saute them until the raw smell goes off.
Add sliced mushrooms and mix them well. Eventually, Mushrooms will release water. So cook them on low heat and evaporate all the water present in them.
Once the water is released by the mushrooms, it will look like this. Then turn off the stove.
Mushroom Fry is ready to serve hot.