RECIPE FOR PANEER BHURJI WITH STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS AND PICTURES ARE GIVEN HERE.
Paneer Bhurji is a delicious North Indian breakfast recipe that is cooked with sauteed onions and spice powders. It is another form of famous Indian Egg bhurji or Anda Bhurji in Hindi. Bhurji means crumbled form, and this Bhurji is also known as Crumbled Paneer. Moreover, Paneer is otherwise known as Indian Cottage cheese. This can either be taken as breakfast or a side dish for lunch, chapati, roti, bread or as sandwiches. In this recipe, I haven’t added tomatoes but if you want, you can add them.
Furthermore, Firm Tofu is also used for Bhurji recipes. Here the Paneer Bhurji and Egg Bhurji are used in the roadside Dhabas as an evening snack or for breakfast. It is served with sauteed onions and tomatoes. Here, we don’t use any special methods or spices to prepare this recipe. So the beginners can try this simple bhurji as well. I often prepare egg bhurji for my lunch but this time, for a change, I made this bhurji and it tasted heavenly. So try this yummy Paneer Bhurji and, let me know how it turns out for you.
You may like my other Side Dish Recipes. Do check them here.
- Any kind of Non-stick pan or tawa
- 200 grams Paneer Crumbled
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1½ tsp Pepper Powder
- 1½ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Ginger-garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- Salt to Taste
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Crumble the paneer and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions. Saute them until the onions become soft and translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste. Saute them until the raw smell goes off.
- Add all the spices and saute them until the raw smell goes off.
- Add crumbled paneer. Mix them gently. Season it with salt.
- Add some more pepper powder and mix them.
- Serve hot.
- You can use Tofu instead of Paneer. That makes Tofu bhurji.
- It is also a quick lunch box recipe for your kids.
- People who hate non-veg food can opt for paneer bhurji instead of egg bhurji.
PICTURE REPRESENTATION FOR MAKING PANEER BHURJI
Assemble all the ingredients together.
Crumble the paneer and keep it aside.
Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions. Saute them until the onions become soft and translucent.
Add ginger-garlic paste. Saute them until the raw smell goes off.
Add all the spices and saute them until the raw smell goes off.
Add crumbled paneer. Mix them gently
Add some more pepper powder and mix them. Season it with salt.
Paneer Bhurji is ready to serve hot.