Potato Stir fry is a simple yet delicious recipe that goes amazing with Lemon Rice, Tomato Rice, Sambar Saadham, Curd Rice and so on. It takes only 10 to 15 mins to prepare this yummy potato fry. When you have nothing to prepare for the lunch side dish, then this will be a go-to option recipe.
You can serve this potato stir fry recipe as an evening snack since some people wish to have a spicy dish with hot chai. This makes a yummy lunch box recipe for kids as well since this is an all-time favourite recipe for most kids and adults.
I usually prepare this Potato Stir Fry for having as a snack since it takes less time to prepare. Combining all the spices al-together with potatoes such as a chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and asafoetida (Hing) will make this potato stir fry yummilicious.
To make the Potato Stir Fry, always use fresh potatoes so that they will get cooked easily. When you chop the potatoes into small cubes, immerse the potatoes in the water. So the excess starch will be removed.
I have added a sprig of curry leaves to this recipe since the flavour of the curry leaves will enhance the taste of the recipe. But adding them is a completely optional choice. This recipe can be prepared by beginners as well. So try this recipe and let me know how it turned out for you.
You may love my other Side Dish Recipes and Fry Recipes.
Potato Stir Fry Recipe
- Any non-stick pan
- 3 medium-sized Potatoes Chopped cubically
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Hing (Asafoetida)
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp Coconut oil
- Arrange and assemble all the ingredients together.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add curry leaves and let them splutter.
- Add chopped potatoes and roast them well until they turn soft.
- Add all the spice powders and fry them until the raw smell goes off. Season them with the required amount of salt.
- Serve hot.
- Chop the potatoes into small cubes so that they will get fried soon.
- You can close the pan and cook for 3 to 5 mins as well to get a soft texture.
- Adjust the spices according to your taste. I have made it a bit spicy.
- Adding curry leaves is an optional part. But adding them will enhance the flavour of the potato stir fry.
PICTORIAL REPRESENTATION FOR MAKING POTATO STIR FRY
Arrange and assemble all the ingredients together.
Heat oil in a pan. Add curry leaves and let them splutter.
Add chopped potatoes. Roast them well until they turn soft.
Add all the spice powders and fry them until the raw smell goes off. Season them with the required amount of salt.
You can close and cook for a min to settle the flavours in them.
Potato Stir Fry is ready to serve hot.