Mushroom Curry Recipe with Step by Step Instructions and Pictures are given here.
Mushroom Curry recipe or Mushroom Gravy recipe goes well with Roti, Naan and Chapati. This also tastes amazing when it is served with Ghee Rice, Coconut Rice or any type of Pulao variety. Basically, Mushroom belongs to the fungus family and hence some believe this as a non-vegetarian. But many of them believe as a vegetarian since it comes under the plant family. Whatever the theory is, I believe, this is a portion of vegetarian food.
Mushroom is one of my favourite food and of course, it is healthy. So whenever I see Mushrooms in the market, I will pick them up to add to my diet. It has many nutritional values so that you can serve mushrooms to the children as well. You can make so many recipes using mushrooms and definitely I will post one by one on my blog website. This mushroom curry is a spicy one, so you can adjust the spice level as per your taste. Also, try my Mushroom Biryani Recipe and trust me, it tasted heavenly.
You can also serve this mushroom curry along with a bowl of hot plain rice. It tastes delicious. Moreover, this takes very little time to cook and hence, it is apt for your kids’ lunch box as well. There are a few important things you need to focus on while cooking mushrooms are:
- You should check water consistency while adding water to the mushrooms. They release water when it is getting cooked.
- Next is the cleaning part. You should clean the mushrooms thoroughly as there contains dirt and sand.
Other than this two things, Mushrooms are one of the healthiest foods. Hence give a try to this recipe and let me know how it turns out for you. You may like other Side Dish Recipes. Check them out and enjoy your foods.
Mushroom Curry Recipe
- Any type of Pan
- 2 Large Onions Finely chopped
- 2 Small Tomatoes Finely chopped
- 15 to 20 Mushrooms Cleaned & sliced
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tbsp Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- Few coriander leaves
- Salt to Taste
- Oil for cooking
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and saute them until they turn slight brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute them until the tomatoes become soft.
- Add all the spices. Saute them until the raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and give them a mix.
- Add very little amount water to make the base gravy moisture.
- Add sliced mushrooms and mix them well.
- Once it is getting cooked, you can see the water released by the mushrooms. Then add water if you want more water to make a curry.
- Cover and cook for a few mins. You will see the oil released on the sides. Mushroom curry is ready to serve hot.
- Cleaning the mushroom is an important thing since it contains dirt and sand.
- Careful while adding water since the mushroom releases more water while it is getting cooked.
- I have made it a little spicy one but you can adjust the spiciness as per your taste.
PICTURE REPRESENTATION FOR MAKING MUSHROOM CURRY
Assemble the ingredients together.
Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and saute them until they turn slight brown.
Add chopped tomatoes. Saute them until the tomatoes become soft.
Add all the spices. Saute them until the raw smell goes off.
Add chopped coriander leaves and give them a mix.
Add very little amount water to make the base gravy moisture.
Add sliced mushrooms and mix them well.
Once it is getting cooked, you can see the water released by the mushrooms. Then add water if you want more water to make a curry.
Cover and cook for a few mins. You will see the oil released on the sides. Mushroom curry is ready to serve hot.