Soya Chunks Curry
Soya Chunks Curry is a spicy side dish recipe that goes amazing with chapati, roti, or any south Indian dishes like Idly, Dosa, Appam or Idiyappam. It is a quick lunch box recipe as well.
TO MAKE CURRY
- 1 cup Soya Chunks washed & soaked
- 2 medium-sized Onions thinly sliced
- 2 Tomato thinly sliced
- 3 Green Chillies Slit
- 3 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
TO MAKE GROUND PASTE
- 1 cup Grated Coconut
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
TO MAKE SOYA CHUNKS CURRY
Heat oil in a pan and add onions. Saute them until they become translucent.
Add chopped tomatoes and slitted green chillies. Saute them until the tomatoes turn mushy.
Add all the spices and saute them until the raw smell goes off.
Add drained soya chunks to the curry and mix them well. Let them cook for a minute.
Add the ground paste and mix them gently.
Add water according to your curry consistency and season them with salt.
Boil the curry until the oil releases on its sides.
- To soften the soya chunks, put the soya chunks in hot or warm water for 15 mins.
- Wash the soya chunks thoroughly.
- Since the soya has been soaking in the water for a long time, it has absorbed the water. So squeeze the soya chunks really well to drain the excess amount of water.