Brinjal Fry Recipe
Brinjal Fry is a spicy vegetarian side dish recipe that goes amazing with hot plain rice, sambar or rasam. This makes a good lunch box recipe as well.
- 2 Brinjals
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Chicken 65 masala (Optional)
- Salt to Taste
- Coconut oil for cooking
Cut the brinjals into a round shape and immerse them into the water.
Then drain the water from the brinjals and set it aside on the plate. Add all the spice powders along with the salt.
Mix them gently. Let the spices coat well in the brinjals.
Heat oil in a pan or tawa and gently place the brinjals in the pan. Do not overcrowd them.
Fry the bottom side of the brinjals until they turn golden brown and crispy soft.
Then flip them upside down and fry them. Continue these steps for all the brinjals. Add oil in the middle if needed.
- Use fresh brinjals for this recipe.
- Cut them into a thin round shape so that the brinjals will be easily fried.
- I have made them a bit spicy but you can adjust according to your taste.